- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Why Pure Energy Lithium?
Pure Energy Lithium batteries are High Quality Safe LiFePo4 Deep Cycle batteries. They are a long lasting and lightweight alternative to the Lead Acid, AGM, GEL and Lead Crystal batteries used today.
They are perfect for use in Storing Solar power and providing Deep Cycle power for Lights, Fridges and other loads in Caravans, Motorhomes, Campers, 4×4 and other similar applications. They maintain high voltage right throughout the discharge cycle, unlike most Lead Acid batteries which drop their voltage under load.
Featuring a built in Battery Management System for safety and long-life, Pure Energy Lithium batteries provide much greater useable capacity, allowing depths of discharge up to 90% repeatedly with a very high number of charge cycles. They provide approximately 3 – 4 times the cycle life of an AGM which has been discharged to only 50%….and all at roughly half the weight!
Many lithium batteries on the market today use low quality or second-hand cells (often recycled from old laptop batteries). This results in poor performance, poor safety from their Lithium-Cobalt or Manganese Chemistry, and a much-reduced cycle life. They may offer a long warranty, but we have seen many battery companies pop up and disappear over the last 12 years, so they are unlikely to be around if you need them!
Pure Energy batteries on the other hand are made with the best materials and this shows in the quality of their construction and high continuous power output. Backed by a 3-year warranty from Every Battery – a name you can trust.
Why Buy from Every Battery?
Reputation of the seller
Every Battery has a long reputation for service excellence – with a 5-Star Excellent Rating on the independent review site Trustpilot and similar performance on Google Business rankings. We care about our customers and our reputation, which also underpins the warranty on the products we sell.
Quality of the Lithium Cells
We don’t use re-cycled (i.e. used) cells reclaimed from other sources such as laptop batteries. Many cheaper models do! Pure Energy batteries are manufactured for us by a top Lithium Manufacturer. They also produce batteries for Telecommunication companies, RV and Military applications.
Quality of the Battery Management System (BMS)
This can handle high continuous loads, which allows for both peak power when you need it (e.g. trolling motor, electric motor) but also higher continuous current to run inverters etc. The BMS balances and protects the cells inside the battery for optimum performance.
Pure Energy batteries feature a high-quality external case, and a protective interior for the cells and electronics.
Even with a BMS in place, internal micro-growths can cause short circuits in some lithium chemistries, leading to thermal run-away (causing fires which are very difficult to put out). With LiFePo4 Chemistry the Pure Lithium is safe to use and does not suffer from thermal runaway.
Charging & General Advice
- Many chargers and alternators can put some power into a Lithium Battery, but only Lithium capable chargers can fully and safely charge the batteries repeatedly.
- Even high-quality AGM Deep Cycle battery chargers can apply high frequency current pulses which can damage the BMS if the charger switches into battery recovery mode (de-sulphation mode).
- Many sellers of Lithium batteries use terms like “drop-in replacement” and imply that any old charging method will work. The reality is that Lithium Batteries are sensitive to charge voltages and lose capacity if repeatedly undercharged, trickle charged or overcharged.
- LiFePo4 Batteries are not suitable for use under the bonnet (extreme heat) and are not designed for starting vehicles – i.e. do not have CCA ratings.
- They do not like continuous maintenance or trickle charging and although the BMS should shut off at 2% charge rate this should not be relied upon.
- We recommend using a Lithium Battery charger, with top-up charges every 2 months rather than standby charging. The BMS will slowly discharge the battery when it is not in use, but most problems arise from a load being left connected to the battery for several weeks (e.g. in the Caravan the Charging System or small lights will slowly discharge the battery to low voltage. The BMS will cut off the load, but it then takes a small amount of charge itself and this can result in over-discharged batteries. They may seem to recover ok, but if Lithium Plating has occurred in any of the cells, they are likely to fail prematurely at a later date. The moral is to disconnect the loads when you are storing the battery for long periods, or use a Low Voltage Disconnect which cuts in well before the BMS has to.
- Do not charge below 0C. Keep the battery inside the RV ideally. All LiFePo4 batteries can power loads well below freezing, but they should not be charged at temperatures below 0C. The BMS is programmed to prevent this, but again its best to avoid the possibility by keeping the battery inside (under a seat or bed would be ideal).
- Nominal Voltage: 12.8V
- Nominal Capacity: 150Ah
- Stored Energy: 1920Wh
- Cycles @ 100% DOD: 2000 Cycles
- Cycles @ 80% DOD: 3000 Cycles
- Cycles @ 50% DOD: 3500 Cycles
- Cycles @ 30% DOD: 8000 Cycles
- Self-Discharge: >3% Per Month
- Energy Efficiency: >95%
- Charge Voltage: 14.8V +/- 0.1V
- Charge Mode: CC/CV Constant Current/Constant Voltage
- Continuous Charge: 20A (0.2C)
- Max Charge Current: 100A
- BMS Charge Cut off Voltage: 14.6V +/- 0.1V
- Continuous Discharge Current: 100A
- Maximum Discharge Current: 100A
- BMS Discharge Cut off Voltage: 10.0V
- Charge Temp Range: 0 – 45 Deg C
- Discharge Temp Range: -20 – 60 Deg C
- Storage Temp Range: 0 – 45 Deg C
- IP Protection Level: IP56
- Casing: ABS
- Dimensions: 365x185x245mm
- Product Weight: 20.7kgs
- Terminal: M10
- Warranty: 3 Years